Once again SecureData 365 has passed an SSAE 16 audit of its systems, processes, and facilities of its Canton data center. This third party audit endorses SecureData 365 as a safe and secure data center, providing a high level of service, and controls.
Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 (SSAE 16) is considered the “gold standard” for data centers. Instituted by the Auditing Standards Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in January 2010, SSAE 16 was drafted with the intention and purpose of updating the US service organization reporting standard so that it mirrors and complies with the new international service organization reporting standard.
SecureData 365 management developed control objectives for the significant areas of internal control that support our services. The control objectives addressed each of the following areas:
- Logical Access and Security
- Physical Access
- Environmental Controls
- Infrastructure Change Management
- Data Backup
- Problem Management
SecureData 365’s service auditor performed thorough testing of the control activities that have been implemented to help ensure that our control objectives are met. The service auditor finalized our testing with the following conclusion:
“In our opinion, in all material respects, based on the criteria described in the Company’s assertion:
- The description fairly presents the system that was designed and implemented.
- The controls related to the control objectives stated in the description were suitably designed to provide reasonable assurance that the control objectives would be achieved if the controls operated effectively and user entities applied the complementary user entity controls contemplated in the design of the Company’s controls.
- The controls tested, which together with the complementary user entity controls referred to in the report, if operating effectively, were those necessary to provide reasonable assurance that the control objectives stated in the description were achieved.”
The SSAE16 SOC1 Type II audit report is designed to provide clients with a certain level of assurance regarding the controls that are maintained by SecureData 365’s management. SecureData 365’s management understands the increasing importance of corporate governance, as well as the impact of the organization’s services on our clients’ systems. The successful completion of the audit is only part of SecureData 365’s continued commitment to providing our client’s a high level of service and internal controls.